|January 21-23, 2009||Orlando||AFCEA||AFCEA Orlando Chapter & AUSA Sunshine Chapter||www.afcea-orlando.org|
|January 26-30, 2009||Hilton Disney World Resort, Orlando||MIS Audit Leadership Institute||A unique Executive Development Program. Limited Attendance. All Institute Topics are geared to boosting your effectiveness as an audit leader.||www.misti.com|
|February 2 - 3, 2009||Walt Disney World Dolphin, Orlando||The 2009 SCADA and Process Control Summit||Learn why control systems are so difficult to protect and arm yourself with clear case studies showing what has been done and what can be done to protect SCADA and other control systems. Learn the language of control systems so you can be of more help to the engineers who plan and deploy such systems.Download an agenda here.||http://www.sans.org/scada09_summit|
|March 1-3, 2009||Clearwater, Florida||CSO Perspectives Conference||This year's CSO Perspectives session highlights include:
* Renowned security expert and communications coach Michael Santarcangelo will conduct a workshop session on communicating the value of security to the rest of your executive team.
* Executive Director of the IAPP, Trevor Hughes brings comprehensive insight to the privacy perspective. Hughes will outline how his tactics on implementing “data environmentalism” practices will help you secure sensitive data correctly and prevent misuse, inappropriate or ineffective storage—while ensuring a predictable, steady flow of data.
* Insight doesn’t have to come from a business case study. Learn from Marcus Luttrell as he presents his chilling story of survival and leadership under conditions of extreme adversity. Drawing on anecdotes from his new book Lone Survivor, Luttrell’s story is sure to inspire you to examine your own challenges from entirely new angles.
Qualified ISSA members receive a complimentary conferences pass to attend the program (a $1495 value). You can register online and reference priority code ISSACF or you may call our customer service line at 800-366-0246.
|March 1-9, 2009||Orlando||SANS 2009||Choose from 35 courses that are packed with immediately useful techniques and tools. These are the five-and six-day courses that will raise your level of security knowledge!||http://www.sans.org/sans2009|
|March 7-13, 2009||Disney's Coronado Springs Resort, Orlando||InfoSec World 2009 Conference & Expo||Earn up to 51 CPEs with the event World Pass!
The exciting, 2009 event features more than 100 sessions, dozens of case studies, multiple tracks (including the brand-new, hands-on hacking techniques track delivered by The SANS Institute), 15 in-depth workshops, and 2 co-located summits! With the primary objective of providing top-notch education to all levels of information security professionals – from CISOs to system administrators – InfoSec World delivers practical sessions that give you the tools to strengthen your security without restricting your business.
|March 8, 2009||Disney's Coronado Springs Resort, Orlando||CISO Executive summit||Co-located with the InfoSec World Conference||www.misti.com|
|March 9-11, 2009||Disney's Coronado Springs Resort, Orlando||The Summit on IT Governance, Risk & Compliance||Co-located with the InfoSec World Conference||www.misti.com|
|March 9-11, 2009||Disney's Coronado Springs Resort, Orlando||The Summit on Keeping Confidential Government Data Confidential||Co-located with the InfoSec World Conference||www.misti.com|
|March 23-24, 2009||Orlando||The Sarbanes-Oxley Strategic Symposium||TBA|
|March 27, 2009||Tampa||Tampa Bay ISSA half day meeting||TBA||http://tampabay.issa.org/|
|April 16, 2009||Tampa||Tampa Bay Infragard Chapter meeting||TBA||http://infragardtampabay.org|
|April 17, 2009||Courtyard by Marriott Cocoa Beach||ISACA||The security of information has become a prime concern in today’s market
place. Regulations, laws and the media have brought the security of financial
and personal data to the forefront of the consumers’ mind—making it more
important than ever to ensure the protection of your information as well as
your company’s informational assets.
5:00pm – 5:45pm –Networking
6:00pm – 8:00pm – Presentation
LOCATION: Courtyard by Marriott
3435 N. Atlantic Ave
Cocoa Beach, FL 32931
The presentation is free for active CFL ISACA members (CPE’s Available), $10.00 cash at the door for non ISACA members
|RSVP by April 14, 2009 to Audrey Grayson|
|May 3-5, 2009||The CIO Leadership Event||The CIO Leadership||This marquee gathering of senior IT leaders offers a critical mass of visionary thinkers from multiple industries, sharing tactics about how to wield IT as a powerful tool to keep innovation moving forward. Managing fundamental change in today’s economic crisis calls for these three leadership skills:
1. Multidisciplinary vision. Successful IT leaders have learned their best lessons outside the data center as they align with business functions.
2. Powers of persuasion. Don’t let IT be defined as another budget item. Collect your facts, know your material and tell IT’s story in a terms that convey its value to business stakeholders.
3. Sharp attention to fresh ideas. True crisis leaders are always on the lookout for fresh insights. They specialize in spotting potential blockbuster ideas and transforming them into practical, fast-paced business change.
Learn from the best, in sessions featuring speakers and topics such as:
• Chevron CIO Louie Ehrlich – sharing his own experience in a special executive workshop on driving longterm business strategy.
• Group Danone’s CIO Jeffrey Hutchinson – bringing a future focus to how IT can drive fundamental business transformation.
• Special Olympics Global CIO Andres Mendes – revealing how “crisis-driven innovation” can become the ultimate change agent.
• Men, Women and the Art of Influence -- A lively panel discussion that explores the varying skills men and women bring to the task of persuading business stakeholders to invest in IT.
• Leadership Development for the “Lost Generation” of Gen-X CIOs – An entertainingly honest panel discussion with rising IT leaders who find themselves managing from the middle with Gen Y staffers on one side and Baby Boomer bosses on the other.
|May 3-7, 2009||ISACA||North America CACS, Conference on IT Audit, control, security and genernance||www.isaca.org|
|May 12-16, 2009||Royal Pacific Resort, Universal Orlando||TechMentor Orlando||Network Training for Windows Professionals. Includes a track on practical security. Take an all-new look at security in a Microsoft environment, including information on the latest threats, tricks for securing key components of your environment, and much more. All topics are delivered by speakers from across the broad TechMentor arsenal of experts, so that you get the very best independent information available.||techmentorevents.com|
|May 17-20, 2009||Loews Royal Pacific Resort||9th Annual CEIC for digital investigation professionals||The 9th Annual CEIC is the industry leading conference for computer forensics, incident response and enterprise investigators in the corporate, law enforcement and government sectors. Attendees test drive new technologies and learn proven strategies in technology, efficiency and skill level in over 125 breakout sessions across 11 tracks. They also have the opportunity to network with peers at social events and view new technologies in the Exhibit Hall.
Learn best practice methods and techniques:
- Computer incident response
- Computer forensics and cybercrime
- Information assurance
- Internal investigations
- Records retention, data auditing and compliance
- Electronic discovery (eDiscovery)
Reach New Heights in Digital Investigations:
- Keynote Speaker: Leonard Nimoy, Star Trek's Mr Spock
- Gain EnCE® certification: take the exam at no additional cost
- Stay certified: fulfill your entire EnCE® recertification requirement at CEIC
- Network with your peers at the Exhibit Hall, Welcome Reception and Birds of a Feather events
- Extend your stay to a holiday: Universal Studios Florida® and Universal's Islands of Adventure® are minutes away. Attendees and their guests can take advantage of special discount tickets and move to the front of ride lines.
Register for only $650, a 35% discount (total savings $345 by entering discount code CFISSA09 in discount code.
|May 18, 2009||Orlando||IIA Orlando||The IIA is bringing 16 of its popular seminars to Orlando||www.theiia.org|
|May 31- June 4, 2009||Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront, Jacksonville, FL||The 23rd Annual Vanguard Security Conference||The 23rd Annual Vanguard Security Conference provides practical training for evaluating, implementing and managing the protection of your corporate information assets. The 2009 conference offers over 140 sessions dedicated enterprise-wide security topics taught by over 70 instructors including IBM developers.
Cost: $1,745 (early bird) before Feb. 28, 2009; $1,945 after Feb 28, 2009
Discount: $200 for ISSA Members when using the discount code "ISSA2009"
|June 9, 2009||Orlando||Orlando Infragard||Chapter Meeting||http://infragardorlando.org/meetings.html/|
|June 19, 2009||Tampa||Tampa Bay ISSA half day meeting||TBA||http://tampabay.issa.org/|
|August 6, 2009||Tampa||Tampa Bay Technology Forum||A Summer party with a purpose. A different type of networking event. Join 1,500 other technology “rock stars” for the hottest party of the summer. Enjoy food, cocktails, entertainment, a silent auction and a VIP Lounge.||http://www.tampabaytechjam.com/|
|August 20, 2009||Tampa||Tampa Bay Infragard Chapter meeting||TBA||http://infragardtampabay.org|
|September 14, 2009||Orlando||IIA Orlando||The IIA is bringing 10 of its popular seminars to Orlando||www.theiia.org|
|September 18, 2009||Tampa||Tampa Bay ISSA half day meeting||TBA||http://tampabay.issa.org/|
|September 23-25, 2009||Scottsdale, AZ||7th Annual Executive Women's Forum Information Security, Risk Management & Privacy||"Pragmatic Risk Solutions for Changing Times: Achieving More With Less"
Join the most prominent women in our industry for three days of intensive discussions and interactive sessions.
Earn 17 CPE Credits
Build a Network of the Most Dynamic Women in Our Industry
Take Home Tools, Templates & Solutions to Achieve Success
Expand Your Expertise & Capabilities
EWF Conference is a trusted venue exclusively for senior-level women in Info Security, Risk Management & Privacy.
|For more information or to register visit www.ewf-usa.com|
|October, 2009||TBD||Secure Florida||Operation Weblock||secureflorida.org|
|October 15, 2009||Tampa||Tampa Bay Infragard Chapter meeting||TBA||http://infragardtampabay.org|
|December 10, 2009||Tampa||Tampa Bay Infragard Chapter meeting||TBA||http://infragardtampabay.org|
|December 11, 2009||Tampa||Tampa Bay ISSA full day meeting||TBA||http://tampabay.issa.org/|
|December 14, 2009||Orlando||IIA Orlando||The IIA is bringing 19 of its popular seminars to Orlando||www.theiia.org||December 14-18, 2009||Hilton Disney World Resort, Orlando||The MIS Training Week 2009||20 half week courses||www.misti.com||December 14-19, 2009||Tampa, FL||MGT-414: SANS® +S™ Training Program for the CISSP® Certification Exam||6-day course. SANS® +S™ Training Program for the CISSP® Certification Exam is designed to prepare you to pass the exam. This course is an accelerated review course that assumes the student has a basic understanding of networks and operating systems and focuses solely on the ten domains of knowledge as determined by ISC2.||www.sans.org|
Local Conferences - 2010
National ISSA Conferences - 2009
|January 27-28th, 2009||Washington, D.C.||American Conference Institute's 8th CPO Summit-The Meeting Place for Privacy Experts||Gain valuable insight on how to:
Protect your data at every state of your vendor and service provider relationships
Respond to security breaches to minimize the impact on corporate reputation and potential financial liabilities
Execute and implement an effective risk assessment program
Minimize employee negligence and loss of valuable information by protecting removable media from breaches
Ensure compliance with the various security breach notification laws
Discount: ISSA members will receive a discount of $200 when they register using the special ISSA discount code 646L09.ISSA .
National ISSA Conferences - 2010