The officers of the Chapter must be general members in good standing as of the date of their election. For each of the officer positions, responsibilities may include, but are not limited to what are listed below.
- The President shall preside at all meetings of the Chapter and shall obey the legitimate mandates of the members. The President shall have the power to call special meetings if deemed necessary for the benefit of the Chapter and shall have the deciding vote in case of tied decisions.
- The Vice President shall attend to the duties of the President in his/her absence or in case the President’s office may become vacant for any cause whatever, and shall attend to any other duties as the President may require. Additionally, the Vice President shall review all memberships for eligibility if deemed necessary by the Chapter Board.
- The Secretary shall record and keep minutes of all meetings. The Secretary shall perform bank reconciliation monthly. At the end of the annual election meeting the Secretary receives from the Nominating Committee, and announces, the election results. The Secretary is responsible for managing the process of amending these bylaws as described in Article X. At the direction of the Board, the Secretary shall perform other Chapter tasks.
- The Treasurer shall report on the Chapter financials at the Board meetings upon request. The Treasurer shall also be an official chapter point-of-contact with ISSA national accountant, its attorney, and with ISSA International’s controller. The Treasurer shall manage all financial forms, applications, contracts and other financial paperwork.
- The Communications Director shall maintain sufficient mailing address lists as to ensure that all members in good standing are notified of meetings, and that all other correspondence necessary to the conduct of the Chapter is received by the members. At the direction of the President, the Communications Director shall also transmit and respond to all correspondence of the Chapter, and perform any other duties customarily associated with the office of Communications Director.
- The Membership Director shall maintain sufficient membership lists to ensure that all members are notified of meetings. The Director is also responsible to promote the retention of current members and the recruitment and involvement of new members.
- The Vendor Relations Director shall be the main point of contact with vendors, shall maintain a vendor contact list, shall be responsible for obtaining vendor sponsorship at Chapter meetings and events, and shall coordinate sponsorship opportunities with the Treasurer.
- The Certification Director shall assist Chapter members in the area of professional certification. It is the duty of this Director to bring together the necessary information on the certification processes into one common place. The Director will provide information to the Chapter membership in a timely fashion. If a member has a question about any aspect of certification, this Director is the Chapter focal point.
- The Education Director shall coordinate activities pertaining to the Chapter meetings and educational offerings hosted by the Chapter. The Director should strive to recruit speakers that fulfill the needs of the Chapter members. The Director will establish and solicit members for a committee if necessary, and chair the committee.
- The Webmaster is responsible for the ongoing design, support and maintenance of the Chapter’s website; including gathering and publishing up-to-date facts, schedules, and announcements of all Chapter activities